Friday, June 23, 2006


It's my birthday today, but it didn't start off so well last night. When I got home it was to find that the bathroom sink was clogged up, and after taking apart various pipes under the sink and in the basement it still was plugged up. I finally had to resort to Drano, which fixed the problem.

H and the kids made me breakfast in bed this morning, which was really nice. I also slept in. Then I went to the cafe and had some coffee and read for about an hour. When I got home it was to find the screen door hanging off it's top hinge, so, another thing to fix. But the cordless drill wasn't recharged, so now I have to wait for that...

I was invited to the first round of interviews for the librarian position! It'll be a phone interview, which will be sort of weird as I will probably be in the same building as the interviewers when it's happening, but I understand the reasons. It's important to make the process consistent and equitable between all the candidates, and for all I know the rest of them are from out of town or state. Still, I'm pleased to have made it this far and am looking forward to the next step.

No comments: