Sunday, June 11, 2006


Aloha! I was up at 6:30 this morning, listening to the raucous calls of the myriad birds here. It's sunny with blue skies today. Paul and I are planning on driving up to the volcano before having to head out.

Yesterday a young family with two children (3 and 18 months old) arrived to spend the night in the studio that's also available here. They're moving into the two room unit Paul and I have been using today. They've moved to Hawaii, but don't have a place to live or a job here yet! I hope it all works out OK for them.

Have I mentioned the garden here? Tom grows orchids, and has about a hundred of them nestled under a sunshade. There are also mango and banana trees, as well as tomato and kale. It sure would be cool to have our own mango and banana tree. I think you could grow just about anything here, and the season is pretty much yearlong.

Looks like I'll have a slightly shorter flight back, with less layovers, just a two hour one in Seattle. I sure hope I can sleep on the plane - I don't want to be a total zombie when I get home.

The ceviche I made turned out really great - I'll have to make more when I get back to Bellingham.

No comments: